If you work in a child care facility, there’s a good chance you’ve experienced a head lice outbreak at least once or twice in your career. Since head lice outbreaks are a very common occurrence in educational facilities, especially among young children, child care providers should establish a proactive head lice management protocol before any outbreaks can occur. At Lice Treatment Solutions, our team of lice removal specialists have successfully treated a number of child care establishments for lice infestations and outbreaks. If you’re child care facility doesn’t have a lice control protocol in place for future outbreaks, below are a few tips to help you get started.
- Make sure to communicate your new head lice policy to all of your staff and educate them on how to properly identify head lice and nits in children.
- The early dismissal of students who have been infested with head lice can be embarrassing and awkward. Make sure your staff and parents are aware of your lice policy and try to keep individual screenings private.
- Provide children’s parents with a written policy of your child care facilities health registration guidelines. This will help educate parents on head lice prevention, protection and treatment solutions.
- Let parents know ahead of time about regularly scheduled head lice screenings. At Lice Treatment Solutions in Houston, we offer in-school and in-camp lice inspections with a variety of safe and non-toxic lice treatment solutions.
- Reinforce the importance of routine lice screenings to parents. By encouraging them to make head lice inspections a part of their yearly routine, there will be less risk of an outbreak in your child care facility.
If you live near Houston and need professional and prompt head lice removal and treatment, contact Lice Treatment Solutions today. Our lice removal specialists will help you successfully eliminate lice from your life!